- Pick a magazine with colours that will suit your room theme. For example i used an old 'HOME' magazine because its full of natural tones and lovely blues & greens. Choose a magazine you like because it will most likely have the colours you prefer. If you wanted something bright choose a younger magazine or if you want a plain tree choose one with mainly writing.
- Measure out three horizontal panels on the front. If you like you can make the top panel smaller than the bottom two but you might have to do a little maths and trial and error. It sometimes just doesn't work.
- Next cut along the lines. If you want you can just cut as you go.
- Now to the folding. Each panel is folded the same. All you do is (spine facing away. one panel&page at a time) fold page in half and stick end of page into the spine. To make the triangle just fold the top corner down till it matches up to the bottom edge.
- Do this to all panels (it takes a while, no wonder they charge $65) till you've done them all.
- Last of all join the front and back cover together with tape and DONE!
I put mine up against a wall so i didn't do the last step but if you do you might need to do some bending and such.
- if you want a lot of writing pages just turn you mag upside down (there's usually a lot of writing on the bottom of pages)
- Sticky tape the first couple of triangles to keep things together when you start. As you go along you wont need tape, all the pages pushed up against each other will hold it together.
- Choose a magazine with a lot of pages for a fuller tree
I've been reading some classics such as Sherlock Holmes and Charles dickens lately so when i saw the classic penguin books reborn in the last issue of frankie i was quick to pick out a favourite and put in on my Christmas list! The new cover designs are by Coralie Bickford-Smith and they are amazing!
I've been meaning to read wuthering heights, Jane Eyre and Sense and Sensibility so i picked Jane Eyre cause i liked that cover best. I also ordered Great Expectations by Charles D cause i couldn't bear that lovely book being lonely on the way over from the US.
I think I'll give them to my grandma to give me for Chrissy. Cant Wait!
So my parents are away for the weekend and a bit. Unlike the last time i will be staying in, enjoying the peace and be a lovely behaved 19 year old. Last night we had a lovely sunset BBQ instead.
I spent today scouting for vntg mini dresses once again. WAY too hot, no luck
Wearing: vintage crop top, Shorts-cassette society, DIY singlet-opshop
So this is what i wore today. I changed alot actually cause i got up very early (not like 8am early, more like 5.15am early!) and ended up having a lovely morning at the beach before it got hot and crowded.
Sunnies: ray bans, cosies:one teaspoon, shorts: diy-opshopped, lightning singlet: sportsgirl
My singlet always reminds me of harry potter.
I got a hair cut today.
Why! Why did i get a haircut.
Its so short now compared to my old hair that i had been growing the whole year.
I want my dead split ends back.
I almost felt like tearing up in the hair dressers chair.
Yeah it looks fine but its not what i want.
At least its summer and i can spend it destroying my hair in the sun and storming it with sea water and salt spray. i can't wait!
Gotta love 'Thelma & Lousie'.
Even though they are dirty and sweaty throughout the movie i love the clothes they wear and the transitions of clothing. For example Thelma rips the sleeves of her denim button up and ties up the front. Also LOVE when Louise asked the cop if she can swap glasses with him as they rob him and lock him up.